msysGit and me
As I'm keeping code for my diploma thesis in git and svn atm (various reasons, don't wonder) and I've got a few windows boxes, I've come to see that git+windows isn't always an easy task.
So that I shall forever remember what to do, here's it:
- open up puttygen
- import openssh private key
- save as whatever (putty format)
- open up putty
save a new session:
- port 22 or whatever
- Connection -> SSH -> Auth, select the converted putty key from c) or use pageant
- session name: gitosis_host or something
- important: save to registry, not to file
- git clone gitosis_host:project.git
Life's a bitch, life's a whore. Nothing less, nothing more.